5-1/8 lbs dark kidney beans, dry
4-1/2 lbs BONED BULK TURKEY THIGHS, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
1-1/4 lbs onions, chopped fine
1/2 lb green pepper, chopped fine
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp chili powder
1 qt cold water
2 qt no-salt added tomato puree
1 lb Monterey Jack cheese, coarsely grated
1. Prepare beans according to preferred method.
2. Combine turkey, onions, green pepper in a preheated 275 degree F tilting skillet. Sauté for about 6 minutes or until the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 165 degrees F and is no longer pink. The onions should be translucent and peppers should be tender.
3. Stir in salt, garlic powder and chili powder.
4. Add water, tomato puree and cooked kidney beans to the turkey mixture. Cover and cook 30 to 60 minutes until flavors are blended and mixture is thickened.
5. Portion 1 cup per serving and lightly sprinkle each cup with grated cheese.
Total Calories 349
Total Fat 14 g
% Daily Total Fat 36
Cholesterol 77 g
Sodium 515 mg
Total Carbohydrates 29 g
Protein 29 g