1 (8 to 10) lb BONELESS TURKEY BREAST, skin removed
1 lb Italian country bread, cut in 1-inch cubes
1/4 c olive oil
6 Medium shallots, diced
1 lb shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
2 lbs spinach leaves, washed and well drained
2 to 2-1/2 c TURKEY BROTH
1 lb chestnuts, shelled and poached
Salt and freshly ground black pepper To Taste
1/2 c Marsala wine
1 c TURKEY BROTH
1. Open the turkey breast like a book, from the back of the breast. Place it on plastic wrap, cover the exposed side with additional plastic wrap and gently pound to a uniform thickness, approximating a rectangle. Cover and hold in refrigerator until step five.
2. Toast the bread cubes until dry in a slow oven and set aside.
3. Sauté the shallots in the olive oil until clear; add shiitake mushrooms and rosemary. Cook until the mushrooms soften.
4. Add spinach leaves and stir until wilted; add bread cubes and turkey broth and stir until well combined; stir in the chestnuts and season to taste. Put aside until cool.
5. Spread the turkey breast with the stuffing, leaving 1-1/2 inches on the ends, and roll into a sausage shape; tie with cotton twine and place in a roasting pan. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Roast for 1-1/2 to 2 hours in a preheated 350 degree F oven, or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 degrees F internal temperature.
7. When the turkey is cooked, remove from the roasting pan and deglaze with 1/2 cup Marsala and 1 cup of turkey broth. Thicken with a little cornstarch mixed in cold turkey broth.
8. Carve the breast and portion into 8 ounce servings. Pour sauce over the turkey slices.
580 Total Calories
80 Calories from Fat
9 g Total Fat
14 % Daily Total Fat
1 g Saturated Fat
8 % Daily Saturated Fat
190 g Cholesterol
63 % Daily Cholesterol
780 mg Sodium
33 % Daily Sodium
41 g Total Carbohydrates
14 % Daily Total Carbohydrates
3 g Dietary Fiber
12 % Daily Dietary Fiber
5 g Sugars
76 g Protein
120 % Daily Protein
50 % Daily Vitamin C
10 % Daily Calcium
40 % Daily Iron